Monday, July 27, 2009

Prep time

Lately I've been getting some questions about whether/how new students should prepare before coming to UBC Law. Well, my best advice (disclaimer: I am a law student and not part of the academic services) would be to lie on the beach. There was nothing I was more thankful for last December, than the fact that the summer prior to starting law school I took the time to lie on the beach in Greece and read trashy chick lit. (Yes, I love Sophie Kinsella--who was a lawyer by the way!)

In fact, picturing myself lying on the beach was part of my calming visualization techniques I used when I was scared before an exam was about to begin. I was very thankful that the summer beforehand I had given myself a plethora of experience on which to draw from. So for now, enjoy this wonderfully warm BC weather (if you're in the area) and grab a patch of sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment